Adopting a BTR Rat
Please read the policies and procedures listed below for sending in an application. Bleuming Tails reserves the right to deny an application at any time during the application process.
Application status: Open
Adoption Process and Policies
In order to be eligible to adopt, an adopter must:
- Read the care sheets located beneath the pinned post
- Fully fill out and submit an application
- Be at least 18 years of age
- I may require proof of set-up or existing rats if you already own rats. If you cannot provide this proof if asked within a reasonable amount of time (48 hours) your application will be denied.
- I do not adopt out multiple sexes to the same home.
- I do not adopt out rats to homes with children ages 5 or younger unless thoroughly discussed with the parent/guardian.
- I reserve the right to deny the application at any time during the application process, even if the application had been previously approved.
Above is a link to view to the adoption agreement/contract.
This is signed at pickup.
Once an application has been approved, the application will be placed on the waitlist if no rats are available at that time. A formal announcement on the Facebook page and on this site will be made once rats become available. I will respond to approved adopters who respond to that message first. If you do not contact me in response to the formal announcement, I will then contact you via your preferred method after the initial adopters have been served. It is first come, first serve. If I do not have some kind of response in 72 hours, your application will be cleared from the waitlist. All available rats can be found on the “Available Rats” pages on this site.
Animal Pickup and Policies
BTR is a closed rattery. This means that I do not allow adopters to enter the rattery and meets the rats in person.
I do this for a few reasons:
- By limiting the amount of people that enter the rattery and mess with the rats, I am ensuring that they will stay healthy and disease free.
- The rattery is operated out of my personal home.
- I have other animals besides my rats that live in my home.
I am located in Overland Park, KS and do not currently ship or deliver outside of the metro KC area. You are responsible for meeting me at the predetermined meeting place and for providing your own carrying device. You must have a carrier. The standard meeting area is at 7400 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, Overland Park, KS 66202.
Deposits are not normally required to reserve an animal. (Review pick-up policies.) However, if an animal needs to be reserved for longer than 3 days, a non-refundable deposit of half of the adoption fee is required at time of reservation via PayPal.
If asked to meet outside of the Overland Park, KS area, I do charge an additional $5 for every 30 miles round trip. Miles are based off of Google maps mileage count from my residence to the meeting place, and the adopter will be informed of the distance and added cost. This fee is non-refundable. The mileage charge must be paid prior to pickup via Paypal or Venmo. There is a fifteen (15) minute window after the agreed time at the pickup location. If you have not messaged me to let me know if you will be late or to request a different time by fifteen (15) minutes passed the agreed upon time, the meeting will be canceled and will be rescheduled at my discretion. If tardiness occurs more than twice, the entire adoption will be canceled and any deposit (pet or travel) will not be refunded. Additionally, mileage is charged per trip. If the fifteen minutes have lapsed, and we agree on another time, the mileage fee must be paid again.
The adopter will receive: (1) Birth Certificate per animal adopted, a copy of the contract, and a receipt detailing the charges. I will keep: (1) signed copy of the contract, carbon copy of the receipt, and the individual rat’s information sheets for my records.
Payment & Pricing
BTR accepts payment in the form of:
BTR does not accept payment in the form of:
Rex: Adds $5 to total price
Dumbo: Adds $5 to total price
If a variety is not included in this list, it is subject to a custom pricing set by BTR. The pricing list is a general guide, and some rats will vary, but I do try to stick as closely as I can.
Russian Blue Agouti